Did you know that once you sign into the military that you can be recalled once you leave?

That is why so many do not want this volunteer plan. Once you sign up, you are owned for life. Ask your grandparents and those who served before this generation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep!

Quote: For example, if one enlists for four years active duty in the Army, and then gets out, he/she is placed in the IRR and is subject to recall to active duty for four more years (total of eight years military obligation). If one enlists in the active (drilling) National Guard or Reserves for six years, and then gets out, he/she is placed in the IRR for two years, and is subject to recall during that time.

Read 10 a

Read carefully before signing.  They owe your butt!  lol 

Anonymous

• I knew that that is why i want no part of it. Its just not for me and i would not want my son to be apart of it either. I dont hate the military, i just hate a government who would send them to senseless wars.
    Anonymous

• Of course. It states that in the contract. That is why I cannot understand why individuals are dumbfounded when they are stoplossed.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I knew this. My ex was in the military, and after he got out he still had to do reservist duty. Once that is completed, they can't call you back unless you reenlist to either active or reservist duty.

Like 2-1CavWife said, it's in the contract. No surprises if you read what you signed.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• They can even recall you after retirement. my father served 25 years in the navy and they put him on a list for two years that if there was a need for him to return to active duty he would be recalled. Luckily the doctor said that his knees were too bad and he wouldnt be able to perform his duties and they took him off it but it 18 months to do that.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

This is just another good reason to READ and UNDERSTAND something before you sign it.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009