If you are pregnant are you going to be vaccinated for the new swine flu that is out there like they are recommending?

I just saw this story when I went to check my email. I'm 29wks and luckily am seeing my doctor tomorrow so I can ask more about this. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts/opinions where on this

Alynn74

Asked by Alynn74 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They thought my husband had the swine flu but they didn't give me a shot they gave me a disk inhaler to prevent the flu but turned out all he had was the normal flu but i didn't catch anything from him
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I am not pregnaant but I do have a question? Did they find a vacination for the swine flu hun? I was just curoius I had not heard of that yet :)
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i'm not getting it, i wouldn't even if i wasn't pregnant
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090729/NEWS-US-FLU-VACCINE-USA/

Here's the link for the story. And I am sorry-I misread it alittle. I guess they are working on one and they want pregnant women to be the ones vaccinated first. Sorry!
    Alynn74

Answer by Alynn74 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• the swine flu is more in the lungs than anywhere else that's why they have the disk inhaler
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My daughter tested possitive for H1N1 on Saturday. They started her on tamiflu to cut down the days of the flu for her and started my son on it as a preventative because he is high risk and needs any extra protection he can get.

I was prescribed tamiflu also but since it is in pregnancy Cat. C, I have decided to not take it:( I know that the risks of the flu can be potentially deadly but I dont think that I will catch it and if I do... I will take the tamiflu the SECOND that I feel sick
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would never take a "new" vaccine I am pregnant and No i will not get it if they offer it to me. Vaccines aren't researched enough b4 they distribute them and i am not about to be someones guinea pig. The risk of the vaccine being more harmful are way higher than me getting the flu and if i do got the flu then i will either be ok or i will not its that simple. nature puts these things out so that we can control population but we as humans have ignored nature for too long and now we think its terrible that people die from illness. That is how nature designed it so I trust nature!
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009