Do you live with your parent(s)?

I get tired of people telling me, You still live with your parents? No I don't live with my parents (ok technically I do), we are buying a house together and we have totally separate sides of the house it is like two homes in one. And it wasn't always like that I left when I was 17 and then we bought this house together because my mom was losing her house and me and hubby were looking for a new house, and I wanted to make sure my parents are taken care of and don't have to struggle. People still look down on me. How should I handle these people who tell me I need to grow up and leave my parents to fend for themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Exactly...none of their business what other people THINK. You KNOW why you are living with your parents and their opinions don't matter at all. :) All that matters is that you are happy. And for the girl that said people expect others to grow up and move out...give me a break. I think what the poster is doing is VERY grown up.
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• To me when I hear someone say they are living with their parents still...I think they aren't responsible enough to handle it on their own. Unless it is like someone lost a job and its only for a few months to save money to get back on your feet and move back out. Gotta grow up and take care of yourself sometime
    Anonymous

• yes I do! LOL I have heard the same thing... My husnabd andI moved in with my mom just recently bc we are both in school raising a newborn and my dad is a long haul truck driver so we kinda keep each other company and save money too!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 6:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• People expect others to eventually grow up and move out. Its how it works.
    Anonymous

• tell them its non of their business
    Anonymous

• I still live w/ my mom b/c the house i was renting got sold. I figured the best place for me was @ my mother's until I get back on my feet (while I was pregnant & had a newborn). My SO did a lot of irresponsible things & I wasn't going to wait around on him so that we could get a place together. So doing it on my own is taking longer than I had planned. I am not lazy or irresponsible. My goal right now is to move out.
    Anonymous

• Gotta stop sucking on the mama tip sometime lady!
    Anonymous

• *tit*
    Anonymous

• anon :59: they do not support me, I pay for myself all the way, so how am I still on the mama tip? you are an idiot
    Anonymous

• So your saying that your mom doesn't help you with any bills or any rent or any groceries!!? Hard to believe lady. That comes with living with your MAMA!! Doubt she lives there for free or you. If you can do it on your own then get your own place and act like a mom not a baby.
    Anonymous