CPS is so stupid sometimes...

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=122064322168&h=1ly3U&u=xbXq2&ref=nf

what would you do??

i can't believe this stupid system sometimes, what do they think you are supposed to be calm and not yell while giving birth, im sure every woman is erratic and screaming while they are giving birth. i cant believe the stupid stuff this country does sometimes. pisses me off!!

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is crazy! i mean come on don't we have to freedom to give birth to our children in what ever way we want??????
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 6:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That disgusts me. I can't believe that things like this actually happen. I can't imagine how this mother must feel!
    Anonymous

• That is CRAZY!! And why does it matter that the mother had mental problems TWELVE years ago?? I understand it was probably the best to do the c-section and I do think she was wrong to refuse but come on!! Is that reason enough to take her child?!?! There are mothers out there that would rather smoke crack than hang out with their kids...and they still HAVE their kids!!! It's sad.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 6:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We don't know all of the circumstances about this. If I was in labor and I refused a C-section, knowing that it was in the best interest of my child ( if my child's heart rate was dropping and was in distress ), obviously I wasn't looking out for the best interest of my child. This woman refused urgent medical advice concerning her child. Time is the enemy when you have a baby that might have a problem. This woman could have had to push for 3 hours for all we know....C-sections can be done in 60 seconds in emergencies. The woman went completely against her experienced doctor's advice---and I think that was really bad judgment. She DID take a serious risk with her child's health.
    A lot of women may seem "uncooperative" or "combative" during labor. But this woman could have been throwing things and hitting doctors for all we know! We weren't there and don't know the whole story!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• This is disgusting! I am thoroughly disgusted at our legal system in reading this. Since when have women, or people in general, not had any rights?! Apparently, we don't anymore. She was entirely, entirely within her rights to refuse a C-Section. Of COURSE you can refuse it if you are aware of the possibilities of outcome if you do! I can't imagine how this mother must be feeling right now. She spent nine months waiting for a baby to arrive, only to have it ripped away from her by some selfish, uncaring government agency that doesn't REALLY care about a child's well being...they don't REALLY ALWAYS have a child's best interest at heart. It's so pathetic.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 6:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I knew a girl a couple of years ago who was forced into a C-section because she was negligent of her child's health during pregnancy. She refused all bloodwork and sonograms. When she was 9 months pregnant, she ran out into the street in front of my parents' house, screaming and running and foaming at the mouth. She had to be restrained because she was putting herself and her baby in harm's way. She was restrained, and taken to the hospital where her baby was delivered by C-section while she was knocked out. There ARE situations that require extreme measures.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• They allowed me to be in active pushing labor for SEVEN hours before they FINALLY did an "emergency" C-Section, even though I'd agreed to one after hour two....and was exhausted and asking them to please do something. If they'd have waited any longer I would have died. I thought they pushed them limit....I fully believe there was neglect for both mine and my baby's well being at the hospital I was at. Imagine if they had taken her away afterwards besides...because I was "combative" and "screaming" because I didn't want to lose my life. How this poor woman must feel.
    Anonymous

• As for what I would do, I'd do what is best for my child. But abuse to hospital staff wouldn't be part of my experience. In fact, it wasn't. Have some respect for the people who are taking care of you!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I didn't think the doctors were taking care of me to their best ability while I was in labor...but I surely didn't hit any of them or do anything at all like that!
    Anonymous

• one time i read a story that a mother admitted that she secretly wanted a girl after she gave birth to a boy, and CPS came to talk to her! they thought she wouldnt care for her child properly because it wasnt a girl! how dumb is that!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009