Please help!!

I need some advice on a reasonable way to lose weight. im not good at sticking with strict diets. just watching what i eat and no soda. is there anything special i should do? like supplements or something? i went to check my ideal weight online and it said that im at my ideal weight but i dont believe that because i am fat! well not really. but i need to lose 8-10 lbs. i just need something reasonable. nothing crazy.

any advice at all??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that 8 to 10 lbs is probably just fine i am for sure half of it is water weight but i am not a doctor and if that's all you need to lose your not fat and should just exercise you don't need a pill or supplement you sound healthy
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• What worked good for me was this. Walk, or run fast on a tredmil with the calorie counter on. Go for as long as you can and see how many calories you burn. Then when you go to eat something flip it over and see how many calories are in it. It helped me realize how long it takes to loose the calories and I started eating better. I lost like 20 lbs just by reading the labels and realizing it would take me "this long" to get rid of those calories. It wasn't worth it.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• oooo thats a pretty good idea!! and i love walking. i knew that was one thing i just needed to start doing.
    Anonymous

• i mostly need to tone up. its a lot of baby fat. and water weight just keeps adding on. i see so many women that have like 4 kids and are thin im like OMG im only 20 and im bigger than them and have one baby. whats the deal!! its so frustrating and depressing
    Anonymous

• I lost 50 pounds on a cheap diet I made up when we had little money.

For breasfast I eat oatmeal or other very high fiber cereal like the Quaker Oats Oat squares with milk. I eat about 2 servings. It's OK if it the instant oatmeal with bad for you brown sugar or other flavors. I drink a two serving glass of calcium fortified OJ.

For snack/mini meal
    Meal replacement drink. Either the diet ones or the ones for old people. Chocolate is best. Make sure it is super cold.
    Fruit - fresh, canned or frozen with little or no sugar

Next meal
    Healthy choice meal or can of Country Vegtable Soup (no other soup)

Last meal - eat what family eats
    Often Grilled meat, vegies, bread

Snacks - fruit, popcorn, popscicles, yogurt, almonds

An excellent diet is the DASH diet. It was developed for high blood pressure but they found it was good for everyone. I try to follow it now. Go go google and type in DASH
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• watch out for breads and pasta as well :) and sugar intake, sugar is the fist thing in yuor body to try to metabolize and so when you intake suger your body breaks that down before it breaks down the carbs and fat so the the natural or un natural fat in food just sits there and builds
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils, tofu, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2009