How many of you got hired while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i got hired and immediately fired the next day when they saw i was pregnant
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I did,
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I got hired to work in a call center while pregnant. I wore a big dress and it wasn't obvious. When I started work two weeks later it was, and I got called in to the managers office and asked if I was and asked why I didn't disclose it in the interview.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yes i did for the maximum security prison i was 7 months pregnant and they were ok with being the classes didnt start till 4 months later and i would of had the baby by then but stupidly i didnt take that job.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It makes me mad that they won't usually hire you if you're pregnant. Like it's so "inconvenient."
    I could guess most people don't say they're pregnant because they know nobody will hire them if they are.
    Anonymous

• I go hired when I was pregnant, but didn't disclose the info at my interview, a few weeks later they found out and asked me why I didn't tell them during the interview, I told them I was terrified I wouldn't get the job and needed the insurance. A few weeks later they found a reason to "let me go" The next interview I had was with McDonald's for a manager spot, I told them i was pregnant at the interview and I think they felt that they HAD to hire me, because I was fully qualifide and if they hadn't it would look predigest. I got the job, but a few weeks later i was put on bed rest- IT SUCKEDDDD! But they were required to hold my job AND let me keep my insurance, and when I have the baby, I am looking forward to go back to work!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 7:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I did. I was 5 months pregnant and was honest and told them in the interview. I got a call the next day asking if I wanted the job. I worked right up until the day I went into labor (I worked at a hospital) and then went back six weeks later. I worked for them for 5 years before they merged with another hospital and I transferred to the other site.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I got fired while pregnant.

I got hired via a temp agency and was able to work that way until I was put on bedrest.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It is illegal to discriminateagainst a pregnant person. If you were told that you were fired or not hired because of a pregnancy, please file charges with the EEOC

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i got hired by two different places when i was pregnant. i was honest in both interviews and they were fully aware that i was pregnant. they both held my job for me while i was on maternity leave and i only went back to one so i could spend more time with my daughter.
    Anonymous