Have you noticed crime going up in your area?

I have noticed a big upswing in crime here. Anyone else notice this?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 7:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• As our (wretched) mayor has destroyed public housing and not provided adequate housing, crime has increase.

Additionally, urban police departments that had huge budget increases during the Clinton years had huge budget cuts in the Bush years, and there are sadly less police on the streets.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No, I haven't noticed any difference.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yes, it seems like there are alot of robberies, lacernies and so on. its getting scary. im just glad we live in a safe area away from the city
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I live in the "hood" so to speak and I have noticed no change. We haven't had any cars broken into or vandalized and many of us have to park on the street b/c of the lack of driveways. There are no gun shots or anything else. There was an attempted rape in the area but that's a tragedy that can happen anywhere. I actually feel safer now than I have in the past.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 7:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No-in fact the other night on our local news, there were some encouraging reports,saying crime rate are going down. Yay.
    Anonymous

• It seems to me that is has around here in western colorado. There was just five violent crime stories on the news.
    Luckily because of the stimulus package, our city has received funding to hire five more full time police officers.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've heard more reports of break ins and domestic disturbances lately. A major problem in a neighboring city is that they are basically allowing slum lords to take over section 8 housing and things are getting rough in the city.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes the vigilantes are cropping up.....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yep, da*n raccoons keep stealing my garbage.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009