Territorial Mother

Does anyone else get annoyed when people correct your child?? Telling them "No, don't do that", "leave that alone", "get down your going to get hurt"Here's the thing I had a friend living with me for 3 weeks cause (long story) she and her husband couldn't be together. Anyway at first she wouldn't say anything but then after a few days she started telling my kid what to do for ex - My son would be climbing on the back of the couch (which is up against a wall) and my friend would say "no no honey get down." At first it didn't bother me but then it was always happening and honestly I wanted to say "Shut the hell up and leave my kid alone he's fine." Over and Over this happened and it annoyed me every time. Don't get me wrong I don't let my son trash the house or do anything destructive or anything that would harm him. Sorry now I'm venting but does it annoy anyone when someone steps in and tries playing "mommy for a day" ??

kaoz888

Asked by kaoz888 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I find it annoying.... but 9 times out of 10 I just let it go and try and change my kiddos behavior so the embarassing and annoying "help" doesn't continue
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I try to get my kid to stop doing the embarrassing, annoying, destructive, disrespectful, or dangerous behavior.

Shelter your child and keeping them from receiving discipline from any one other than you will create a monster... that is what I think is wrong with 90% of kids these days. No one believes that any one should correct a child other than Mommy Dearest.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. One day your child will have to listen to other people and they should get used to it sooner rather than later.

Anonymous

• I agree with anon
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have no problem with grandparents correcting my child or even other people if they are correct. Seriously she was nipping about every little thing. Constantly riding him the whole time and it was annoying that every little thing she started picking at him about. Things that wouldn't phase me because he's having fun and isn't hurting anything and she's over there "stop that" "no no." How do you tell someone to leave your kid alone unless he's doing something destructive or harmful without coming off as rude or mean??
    I think the major deal is she doesn't have kids and isn't use to "kid things"
    kaoz888

Answer by kaoz888 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009