Well i am 8 mnths and this heart burn is a killer, i eat tums like candy! Any advice?

Ladyangelaine

Asked by Ladyangelaine at 7:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• :( prescription?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• get either prilosec or zantac and take it daily 2 times a day even the days you don't have heartburn for it is a blocker. did me wonders!
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I took pepcid 20 mg twice a day. You can get it over the counter. I always made sure I took it in the evening before bed or else I couldnt sleep. I'm not sure if prilosec or zantac is approved for third trimester. I would ask a pharmacist before buying, they should know or have the resources to find out
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• honey, i have heard this when you have heartburn this late it's because your baby has a lot of hair. My son was born with a full set of black hair and I had heartburn, but, I didn't do anything about it because, everyone kept telling me don't take anything...I think that's all I heard while I was preggie...I'd love to know when your baby is born if she/he had hair.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• umm i had horrid heartburn water gave it 2 me! and bald baby lol and im a pediatric nurse zantac is 100% safe to have at the end same with prilosec
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009