When you go to get your drivers liscense renewed

do you just take the written test or do you also take a driving test?I really suck at taking written test.My mind tends to go blank .I guess from being nervous.What's a good way to help me remember things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think they just take a new picture.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I haven't been tested at all since I got my first license (I'm 35). When ever I need mine renewed I just go pay them money and that's it.... and every few years they take a new picture.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• In Texas, unless your license has been expired more than 2 years, you just have your picture taken. If it has been expired more than 2 years, you take the written and driving exams again.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It depends. We moved to a new state and thought we would have to take the test again. We inquired about it and found out we didn't have to take the test. So just call the office and ask them if you have to. We both had to take the eye exam test which is really no biggie. Just know your signs and signals.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• after a few years of driving, all the "test" questions should be common sense. If you still don't know what basic street signs mean, and what lane you are suppose to drive in, then you should re-study the book whether they are testing you or not.

Anonymous

• Just a new picture. Unless I wait too long to go renew it I dont have to retake anything.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• They just kept renewing mine. I neve took a test or went in for a pic. They just renewed it two times so far through the mail. I just sent in my fee and that was it.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Haven't had a test since I got my license. Haven't had a new photo in a decade.

Things don't really get dicey till you approach your senior years. THEN you'll go through testing again.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You don't have to test at all for a renewal.
    Anonymous

• South Carolina lets you renew online.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009