If I am overreacting to the swine flu, what is this about??

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/29/military-poised-help-fema-battle-swine-flu-outbreak/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People PLEASE LISTEN YOU CANNOT SUCCESSFULLY VACCINATE ZOONOTICAL DISEASES!!! THAT IS WHY BIRD FLU IS STILL AROUND. This will do nothing but give yout the swine flu!! DO NOT get the vaccine!!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Anonymous

• Well I don't know what to think either but I'll say this. The vaccine makers and Tamiflu companies are making CASH off of this virus, so that is one thing. It is less mortal than the regular flu that kills the elderly and kids and same people in the same risk bracket. People are keeping an eye on the s. hemisphere to see how it goes. I think they are bracing needlessly and ramping up everything in case of a plague like pandemic. Thing is, we can treat this and they couldn't treat the plague. I really am as confused as everyone else. Maybe when something is a pandemic it calls for a vaccine? Who knows but all my doctor friends are laughing about this, saying the media hype is ridiculous and that ordinary flu kills thousands in the USA yearly. I guess we'll see.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• When you want something moved,. you do call the military. They're really really good at transport. And according to the FOX News story, that's what they'd be in charge of.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I won't be getting the vaccine. I will continue washing, washing, washing my hands and carrying my hand sanitizer.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 7:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Pregnant woman &little kids should be worried . The swine flu can be dangerous in the end of pregnancy when lungs don't have place to fully expand and when you would have the swine flu -then there is a problem.

Anonymous

• When you want something moved,. you do call the military.

Who will be getting "moved," and where will they be moving us? Kind creepy if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• The press has been hyping this up and making everyone scared. All high risk groups should get a flu shot every year anyway but the rest of us will be fine. Remember how they hyped up the "bird flu" a couple of years ago? It ended up killing a very low population compared to other flu strains that year and I don't even remember if any of those were in the US.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• This disturbed me too! I talked to my hubby about it this very evening! For those of you that don't know, he is a commander so his thoughts on military issues can be right on.

According to him this has been in place for decades and wasn't just inteneded for a medical crisis but for any widespread calamity. The military has "assets" already in place that can provide immediate assistance. Assets such as people, planes, trucks, they can set up remote state of the art hospitals.

I also asked him why they are talking about it now then because it sort of freaks some people out! He said they are trying to alleviate the fears people have of a pandemic.

BTW, this system COULD have been used with Hurricane Katrina, the governor of the state refused to ask for the troops until things were beyond catastrophic. It has been used on a small scale in the past. My hubby and his unit helped right after Hurricane Opal.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Just for the record, if you investigate the bird flu, in those that it hits it is now 100 % fatal. Do the research. The bird flu did NOT go away. It was contained by the governments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2009