what do u think?...plz say ur views

in my 13and a half week ulstrasound there is one image of my little one's legs and in between it is what looks like a third little leg?......this got me thinking that it might be a boy....when i asked at the begining of the ultrasound if she could tell...the technician just replied "no, its too early" so when i saw the third little leg i didn't ask her again.
anywayz when we got home i was looking at the images and i showed my husband that one and asked him what he though. at first he was really excited and he also thought it was a boy....then a few minutes later he said that he'snot sure and that it could just be the umbilical cord....is that possible......could that have just been the umbilical cord that looked like a shorter 3rd leg?,....and is the genitals of a baby all done at almost 14 weeks?
please let me know what u guys think.....what u're experiences have been

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ooh can we see the pic?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It is too early. At that gestational age they all look like they have wankers. Just be patient, you will know soon enough. Any time they tell you before 18 weeks it could be wrong.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• exactly at 13 weeks they all have 'penises' but for girls it turns into labia

it also could have been the umbilical chord
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I remember at my 20th week ultrasound, they said it was a girl and I asked how can you tell? she said the girls area is much lighter than if it was a girl, and if it was a boy it would be a dark area ans plus a penis :). maybe thats something u may want to keep in mind. I am having a Girl and the area is light on my ultrasound. GOOD LUCK!!
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 7:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• thats a tricky one only cause the same thing happen to me and short after i had a 3d done turned out the umblicacord was what I saw but right behind was ma sons lil pecker i say though wait and def. youll know...a few more weeks and youll have ur other one done...good luck
    SINCONCEPCION

Answer by SINCONCEPCION at 7:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Alot of times the cord was mistaken for a penis... The techs after 16 weeks can say with 80% certainty the sex.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 7:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• no, unfortunately i don't have a pic....they didn't give a pic for me, just all of the ultrasound images on the one page
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It very well could be a boy, but what you saw is much more likely to be an umbilical cord. Boys look like girls untill just a few more weeks. Good luck.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009