Cracked toenail?

my daughter was born (full term, actually 2 wks late) with a crack in one of her big toes, its cracked clear through all the way up into the nailbed. Now she is just a couple days shy of 3 and it is still cracked, it grows out that way. I have asked several pediatricians and got a different answer from each. for exp vitamin def, weak nails, etc. they all say not to worry about it, but i was wondering if anyone else has had something like this..... ?

marabug06

Asked by marabug06 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My sons toes are ALL like that. He will be 3 on the 28th of aug. My pedi is just now sending him to a dermatologist (yes a derm) for his toes. I thought it would be a foot dr, but he said that the dermatologist is the one who deals with toenails. I am going in a few week. If you want, I can let you know what the dr tells me.

Cheryl
    crabrams

Answer by crabrams at 10:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009