The Greatest Man I Never Knew

Yes, this is a country song, I am a fan of ALL TYPES of music, but I can not listen to this song all the way through, it makes me cry. It totally describes my father and I don't want to think of him dying.. Anyway, its by Reba, is there a song that makes you cry anytime you hear it?

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 7:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• alan jackson...don't worry about me...it's about a woman dying and how she is with the angels...i've have had two aunts pass away this summer and sad about it...one aunt kept sending me a message through this song...after her death, this song kept playing over and over and on CMT and I thought, ok she's sending me a message. My husband's aunt passed away on July 18th..my father's birthday and was buried day after mine...so her's is still hard to deal with. I didn't get to go, but, my husband did...Another song is by Alabama...Angels Among Us...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Holes in the Floor of Heaven by Steve Wariner gets me choked up. Probably Wouldn't Be This Way by LeeAnn Rimes came out the year my dh died. I still can't listen to that without bawling. 18 Wheels & A Dozen Roses was played at my dad's funeral. He wasn't a very good dad, but I still get choked up when I listen to it, thinking of what he and my mom would be doing now that they'd both be in their 60s.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• There is one about the father who never has time for his son, and when the son grows up, he can't find time for his father. It is so sad.

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We've Only Just Begun by the Carpenters. It was my parents wedding song and we played it at her funeral when she died 7 years ago from cancer at the age of 52.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I Don't Wanna Fight by Tina Turner....it might be odd to some folks but Kids and Heroes by Bouncing Souls makes me weep.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• The Greatest Man I Never Knew is the one that makes me cry. Especially when she gets to the line "the man I thought would never die has been dead almost a year"....it makes me start thinking of my dad.

Also God Bless the U.S.A. makes me cry. I am an American, prior service soldier, and wife to an injured soldier. It just gives me so much darn pride that I start crying....LOL
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Go Rest High On the Mountain- Vince Gill. They played it at my friends funeral, who was killed in the VT shooting, and since then it makes me cry every time.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2009