How does stress effect my pregnancy?

I've been experiencing so much stress... trying to deal with family and love ones it hard for me to get out of my head and relax. I've even had a couple of melt downs that took me days to get out of. How does this effect the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I've had a lot of mental stress going on since the beginning of my pregnancy. I have pretty severe anxiety that is hard to deal with. I saw my OB yesterday (I'm 15 weeks) and she assured me several times that it's not bad for the baby. She recommended that I see a therapist to help workout my stress issues.. maybe that is all you need as well. good luck
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ur baby can feel what u feel u should try very very hard to relax, u can go into preterm labor, and a lot of other things. Stay Healthy for u and ur baby. God Bless
    Anonymous

• Mental stress that causes you physical symptoms such as you've described is not good for the baby. Most likely the baby will have problems settling down and be fussy most of the time. Extreme stress can cause premature delivery.
    Stress can also cause you to have a baby too large or too small, depending if you use food to comfort you, or just can't eat.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009