Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those of you who wrap/save change...

I don't want to use coinstar cause its like c cents per dollar and that adds up... my question is how do you wrap change and do you then take it to a bank and change it in?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • I get the coin wrappers from the bank and use those.

    Answer by Cherrie522 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • The coin wrappers are easy to use. You could also buy coin sorters and either wrap it yourself or get the sorter that wraps them for you. And yes, most banks will take rolled change. I change mine at a local convenience store. They always need change!

    Answer by drowninginboys at 8:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • I get a bag of assorted wrappers at Dollar Tree, but you can get them free at the bank. I have my husband take them to work (he works retail), they always need change.

    Answer by slw123 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • I get rolls from the bank, too.

    I save a lot of coins by dates for different things. For instance, coinage with the kids' birth years on it is saved for each respective child.

    Answer by roachiesmom at 9:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • We just take a bag of change to the bank; they run it through the counting machine and deposit the total into our account (no fee)

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.