am i dumb

i did not know an administrative assistant was a secretary.my mom is very disappointed at the fact that it could be my career choice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• You sound very young because you still care about your parent's opinions. Any job, decent job deserves respect. You are the only person who can assign yourself value, don't allow external locus of control to dictate who you are or how smart you are.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I happen to think that's an important job...if she wants an important job..tell her to go out and get one that's important...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Your mom had her time to choose what she wanted. Now it's your time to choose what you want. Administrative Assistants are vital to the workforce. There should be pride in that and no matter what you do, be the best you can be. Keep in mind that being an Adm Assistant could be a stepping stone to a higher level if you wanted it to be.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I dealt with an administrative assistant at one place where I worked for years. She kept the place organized, and if you had a problem you went to her and she fixed it. When I think of my time working at that place, she is the person I remember.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• bebita.. no matter what age i am i will care what my parents think cause i respect them and would not want to cause anything that would shame them
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The world needs all kinds of worker bees. I am lucky enough to have an assistant and I fully admit I would be lost without her. She is my right hand woman. Without her help I couldn't do my job and without our clerical department, my office would come to a grinding halt. It is an INCREDIBLY important job!!
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I understand that but at some point not now obviously based in your response, you will think that your parents gave you life, they don't own the right to put you down for your career choice. And no, I don't think you are dumb at all. I applaud you for working and wanting to work, best luck to you. And you can respect your parents and not always agree with them.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2009