St. Louis moms- help!

We are going to Chicago for several days for a convention and are stopping in St. Louis for awhile. What kind of things do you recommend for fun? We need help finding playgrounds, family attractions, fun things for me and things my husband would enjoy.

Any help? Our kids are 2 and 3.

HarleyQ

Asked by HarleyQ at 8:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Travel

• Well downtown st. louis we have the city muesuem, zoo (free and very nice), forest park you can ride the paddle boats, They have a new water park in the city now too-I'm not sure what they are calling it, Faust Park has a wonderful Playground and a merry go round, The science Center is family friendly also they are currently running an ocean themed movie in their theater. Hope this helps.
    Rfoxxracing

Answer by Rfoxxracing at 3:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• wow you are stopping in all those places? wish i could help, what is it that you do? I would like to go to all those places too.
    Anonymous

• We are driving to Chicago from Dallas and have a few days of "nothingness" before the convention, plus we found SUPER cheap rooms! My husband is a teacher, so he's off, and I'm a model and director of an online resource center for survivors of sexual violence. We just lucked out to find really great deals that will make the trip uber cheap!
    HarleyQ

Answer by HarleyQ at 12:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Some other great places to visit that weren't mentioned are Six Flags (amusement park), Grant's Farm, The Magic House, The Arch, AND Ted Drewes has great ice cream. There is plenty to do in STL in a couple days.
    Michellesmom06

Answer by Michellesmom06 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The new park is called City Garden. I haven't been but it's getting rave reviews and it has some water play available too. For other water fun, not too far from the city is Tilles Park in Ladue. It also has nice playgrounds. Definitely hit the zoo if you are here. If your kids are early risers, you can get into the children's zoo and other paid attractions between 8-9 for free. If not, there is PLENTY of wonderful zoo to see that is free as well. Have fun!
    Loveplusmama

Answer by Loveplusmama at 7:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2009