3 month old not shedding tears

Hi I'm just wondering if it's normal for my 3 month old to not have shed any tears yet? I have no idea when that's supposed to happen. I've looked all over for that milestone and it's no where. Plus I forgot to ask the Dr. at his 2 month check up. Any one know anything? Should I call the doc?

happymom7566

Asked by happymom7566 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just talk to your doctor at the next checkup. Generally I think they should be able to shed tears by now. However I don't think doctors would be concerned at this point. It is only later that they will consider doing surgery to open up the tear ducts. Some kids just take a little longer. So do mention it to the doctor, but don't be worried about it yet!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would mention it...I think my daughter was having tears by a month. I don't remember though, it's not something I really thought about I guess.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think my daughter was around 6 weeks when the first tear fell and it was huge crocodile tears.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It seems like it really varies from baby to baby. I'll mention it to the Dr. when we go next time if they haven't come yet. Thanks!
    happymom7566

Answer by happymom7566 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2009