Are there any other feminsit out there?

What do you believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry, not I.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Feminists? No, just equality for everyone--men,women,children ,black,white,yellow,red.....etc. You get the picture,right? God made us all and there are no differences. That is equality.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I consider myself a feminist, belonging to the Liberal school of thought. Specifically, the sex positive feminism school of thought.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'm not totally feminist, but I'm pretty opinionated. I belong to a Pentecostal church and read the Bible etc, but I also believe my own things. I don't like being told I'm inferior or weaker and I'll tell everyone in the congregation that lol. I went to a Mormon church when I was younger and left because I would get reprimanded for wearing pants, being a single mother with no intention of finding a man, and for working instead of being home and pregnant. I know that as a woman I'm just as good as anyone else, and I don't let anyone tell me different!

Anonymous

• I'm not your average feminist.

I'm more of the embrace the divinity of womanhood, and motherhood kind.

I used to get annoyed when people called me a tom-boy for riding a motorcycle...there's nothing "boy" about me. I'm a woman, and I don't feel any need to imitate a man to increase my worth or value.

I love that I can stay at home with my child. I don't feel belittled or overpowered by a man for filling that role. I chose it, and I see great honor in it.
    Anonymous

• I am a "feminist" in an Old Fashioned/Traditional way. I value women, I think they are precious and priceless.

I think for the most part women are treated like trash nowadays; they are objectified, abused, used, and disrespected every time I turn around

I feel like I need to be treated with respect, old fashioned values. I believe there is a lack chivalric values. Guys aren't gentlemen, and they lack respect (not my dh of course : ) .

I think that modern feminism that celebrates a womans right to express herself in things such as pornography is misguided and counterproductive. "Girls Gone Wild" is not progress to me. I just don't think that organizations like NOW have the answers to our problems (IMO).

So yes, I support women but I think that even though as a country we think we have come a long way in the women's movement -- we as women were better off 100 years ago (just my opinion-- don't hate, LOL)

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I want equality. In instances where women aren't treated equally or could be better served, I guess then you could refer to me as a "feminist" :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Not at all. I prefer getting preferential treatment like maternity leave. If we were equal, we would ALL be required to go back to work 2 weeks after the delivery and we would all be held to the same rigid standards over missing too much work for sick kids. Right now, women get a pass on a lot of things. And it often gets overlooked in the cry for equality. Sometimes our inequalities are to our advantage.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• In some ways.

I like driving my car, voting, wearing pants, gathering with other women (or men), being aloud to read... These things wouldn't be possible without some form of feminism... throughout history, it's just had different names.

saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yup
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009