I am so angry, am I allowed to be?

I have children with a man that can be so lazy. He does try hard, I know he does, but sometimes he can be so damn stupid! I asked him to take my son in to the dr. to get him up to date on his shots. I would have done it but I started a new job. Although he has to work at 8 tonight I think he could have managed being that he can golf all day and then go to work. Well I give him a call and he is still sleeping. Well I ended up getting off of work early to take the baby in to get shots. He was also supposed to turn in his check stub today that he has been promising to do for the past month. Yes, my babies are on medicaid. But being that he and I are living together they need his check stub. He refuses though cause he says it is none of our business how much he makes. He does not think that he has to share that info with anyone because we are not married. So I came home and got upset at him. He told me all I do is bitch. Cont'd

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Cont'd - All I do is like to argue. LOL I do not want to argue but I do admit that I do like to bitch when things like this are done for my children. When I was a single parent I ALWAYS made sure paper work was handed in on time. I'm not saying I'm a perfect parent and he is not BUT why procrastinate? It just makes it more hard on me and my children (without medical). I just want to strangle him at times
    Anonymous

• WHOA........ I cringed at alot of that but him risking losing the babies medical insurance is downright creepy. Please for God sake don't ever marry him.
    I understand a lot of the time he's probably wonderful but he's also very self serving. I'd hate to be in your boat. It he's not helping or contributing ... consider why the HELL he's still with you.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• well for one he is the dad there for he can help with the kids .and if he cant even do to things which will benfit his own child then is that the person you really wanna be with .he helped mke the baby there for he can help take care of it .you shouldnt have to do it on your own .i would have been pissed he should have taken him to the docs .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have to agree with the other posters. It doesn't seem like "really trying" to me. No offense. I'd sit down and have a very candid chat with him about just how critically important these things are and that you are trying to communicate this time and not bitch.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My husband works 8-14 hours a day and we have problems between us but if something needs done for the kids he doesn't hesitate, that'sjust wierd.
    Anonymous

• I agree, it's so easy for him to pull his pants down and make a baby quick but it's so hard for him to carry out his fatherly duties. This man is very self centered and it just irks me. I think that should be a form of child neglect-refusing to do your part for your child's medical, it should be a law! Like one post said "Don't ever marry him", and I agree. I always knew that I WOULD NEVER EVER say yes to marrying him...ever! This is just a little glimpse of what I have to put up with on a daily basis. I've always felt stuck though because although he is like this, I felt that I needed him, for what I don't know because he never does his part. I am happy that I started an excellent paying job. It gives me confidence to know that once again I can take care of my babies and we will be okay. We will not have to put up with this much longer and I can do things MY WAY. Thank you for hearing me out mommies!
    Anonymous

• To anon 8:51 I agree, he obviously does not do what he is supposed to so I will have to do it on my own. Like I said before, I have been a single parent and have done everything on my own without his help. When I didn't have to count on him and was able to do these things by myself I was okay. But when you live under the same household and you are applying for assistance (my children's medicaid) then you both have to provide your income. So in that situation I did need him. It's not my rules, it's the states. So what do you suggest I do as of this moment til I get on my own, just lie and tell them that he does not live with me? I don't think so. if I went about it that way then it would be ME getting into trouble. These situations are something so simple. A simple check stub, a simple dr appt that would take 15 minutes. But yes, because this poor pitiful man can't do it I will have to.
    Anonymous