• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever put a small town child into a city school district? And how did it go?

Okay my kids are in a school district that graduates 100 or so kids a year. We are moving to a district that graduates over 400 kids a year. It is also a suburban district where as the one we are coming from is a small town. My kids are 10 and 14 and have learning disablities, and I am not sure they will " adapt" as easily as an average child their age. Just need opinions and advice thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in

• We live in a city, and my daughter attends a school in the "inner city" Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• we moved from our small town to a bigger city. my dd went to kindergarten there. she was ok w/ it, but i didnt feel safe not knowing anyone. we ended up moving back just for the small town security knowing everyone.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• well, my sister had to do just the opposite, my parents moved from a large city to a small town. In the large city kids where very mean to her, because she is a very big kid and wears glasses. She also had 45 kids in her class. When she went to a small town school, every one accepted her the way she is. She now only has 25 kids in her class and now get all A's and is one of the most popular kids at her school.
    Anonymous