labour scare.....i'm sooooo scared

i'm 19 weeks pregnant and my cousin just gave birth to her daughter yesterday morning......seeing her little girl has me made me sooooooooooooo scared of giving birth......can can a little baby come out of such a tiny place?...........i know its natural and all women are capable.......but i am just so scared now

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Should have used birth control

Anonymous

• How unbeliveably rude! Everyone is a bit scared the first time, things happen, and its an unknown!

Well first off the biggest thing I worried about was sharp stabbing pains like a papercut. But its more of a cramp or really bad gas pains. Not sure about back labor never had any.
    Anonymous

• omfg how rude...and of course pathetically anon...but anyways it is normal to be scared..this is my third and im still scared. congrats on the new family member and hope ur labor and dlivery and super easy and quick mama!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ur not alone im scared too im 37 weeks
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 9:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It is perfectly normal to be scared, everyone is, even if they won't admit it. I had my daughter 6 months ago and had nothing but back labor. I work at a hospital(pharmacy) and I think having all the previous knowledge from other's horror stories made it even worse. If you want to feel more at ease, check out the hospital where you plan to deliver beforehand. I didn't take any classes and I still survived!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• anon #1, ur so pathetic! she hasn't said she regrets her pregnancy....she sacred of labour.....which is scary first time around! ur advice for birth control was just lame
    Anonymous

• I'm 39 weeks here and terrified! Just remember- no matter what happens, there are doctors and nurses around you and they actually have some good drugs they can give you if its too much pain! They won't let you "fail"! Also, its a bit late now to even worry- I wouldn't give it a thought until much further in the future. Everyone I talk to says that no matter what happens, the minute you see your new baby you will forget it even happened!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I tell you it really is amazing how after the baby is born the pain just seems to magically go away. I wish you the best of luck with your new baby. Don't forget they have pain medicine if you need it, and don't listen to the horror stories.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You and I both are on the same boat.... I am 25 weeks and soooooooooo scared.... I've had a couple braxton hicks contractions and even those scare me.... i wish you luck with your delivery
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm scared and I'm 4 days from my due date....
    I'm not nearly half as terrified now as I was wen I was 19 weeks... your body gets you ready for labor, and by the time you hit your due date you'll be ready to get that baby out...
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 11:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2009