Why is my 7month old still not sleeping through the night?

Wakes up hungry every few hours. Goes to sleep at 8pm and wakes for good by 7am. I have tried keeping her up later and she just wakes more often through the night.

DaniDan06

Asked by DaniDan06 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she on rice cereal? Any foods that might fill her up?
    Anonymous

• rice cereal is a myth.. im a pediatric nurse if she is waking up for food still trade that for water at night she will start to think its not worth getting up for and sleep through the night, and give her solids at like 5pm and her bottle before bed and give her lotion every night a lotion massage might help
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have a 6 month old and for the most part she started sleeping through the night when we began giving her rice cereal in her bottle. Every now and again she wakes up because(I think) of teething. Just make sure if you do get her rice cereal in her bottle, get her nipples for thicker liquids(cereal nipples). We destroyed alot of nipples before we found those(we tried making the hole bigger by using scissors and forks). Good Luck!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Girl my 9mo still wakes up around 2x's a night , he started a few weeks ago sleeping all night I was so happy and then just this week it ended =(
    lolapop13

Answer by lolapop13 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Cause she's a baby. This is normal. Don't worry about it and don't try to alter it with unhealthy tricks like filling her up on cereal.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• DO NOT DO NOT PUT RICE CEREAL IN A BOTTLE unless she has GERD its a choking hazard it not needed ask any other pedi and dr. NEVER EVER do that
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• also making a slit in a nipple can make it more of a choking hazard if the plastic breaks off.. not wise AT ALL
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My son did that. Eventually, we just let him cry it out. It broke my heart, but after 3 nights, he was sleeping through the night.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Why isn't my 18 month old sleeping through the night? A lot of children do not sleep through the night until they are 2 or so. He will in his own time. My oldest never slept through the night until we got rid of bottles at a year. I was hoping the same with my second but he is his own person and does his own thing.
    Anonymous

• babies tend to sleep longer when put to bed earlier. has to do with being overtired I think. make sure baby is getting enough naps through the day. an overtired baby will not sleep longer, that is a big myth. and talk to doctor. im sure your baby is already on solids by this point? if not then that is a really good time to start b/c you dont want to wait to long into the second half of the first year to start solids...try having a ritual at night like a bath and story then bottle so baby knows its bed time and not just a nap.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009