How do you put your toddler to bed?

Im not asking advice, Im asking how do YOU put your toddler to bed.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my 17 month old to bed after a bath and i sit on a bean bag next to his bed for up to 20 mins and sometimes hes asleep by then sometimes not and in those cases he cries for about 3 mins before he falls asleep, sometimes if hes still awake he doesnt bother to even cry. All in all im very pleased with the way he goes to bed but plan to start reading to him once we have moved house this monday :)
    saraloutoni

Answer by saraloutoni at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• about 7:30 we all sit down and watch tv(me hubby and son) for about 30 minutes then we go to his room let him pick out 3 books we can read him we read them then we pray and he is in bed by 9....we put him in his bed tell him we love him give him a kiss then turn the light off and leave the room
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We give him a bath, put on his jammies, and tuck him in with a sippy cup of water. We give him a kiss and tell him good night, then make his Baby Tad play bedtime music.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We take a bath after dinner, put on a fresh diaper and lotion her up. Get her pj's on her and then she watches her show. We go into her room, read a few books and I turn on her music. Then she crawls into bed, I turn off the light and we say prayers.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well on the nights he gets a bath, he takes that at about 6:15p. At about 6:45p I change his diaper && put his pajamas on. At 7p we give everyone night night kisses. I take him to his room && put him in bed, give him his cup of milk, cover him up with his favorite blankie, && give him whichever baby he wants that night. I tell him night night && that I love him, turn his light off && then shut the door.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• for my 2yr old i make her go to bed at 9:30 pm on the dot in if she gets out i say go back in lay down in your room and she goes in stays there in when i go check on her in about 10 or 15 min shes fast asleep of course always give your little one a stuffed animal to sleep with at night so they feel comfortable thats what i do for my baby i give her a doll to sleep with which is her favorite. hope this helps.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 10:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ask her to show me her room to put on jammys and diaper, read a book or two, then look out the window and say good night to the outside, then give kisses and then put in bed with her blankie and a book.
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• About 7:45 or 8pm, she gets a small snack or some milk and then we go in and change her diaper and put on her PJs. We might play for a few minutes or read a book. Then we go into the computer room where I start her lullabies. We go back to her room, turn out the lights and I hold her and rock her to the first song or two. She reaches for the crib, I lay her down and kiss her, she says nigh-nigh and I leave. She's usually asleep within 5-10 minutes.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My son is 15 months now . He is asleep about 10 p.m after breastfeedding. I lay near and sing for him.
    Malwiena

Answer by Malwiena at 10:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I give my son a bath and then we go into his room I put a diaper on him and put him in his pajamas then I lay him in the crib read him a story and then I tell him that mommy and daddy love him and I leave the room. He never cries He's so good about bedtime it's awesome.
    Anonymous