Anyone Used Ikea?

So my husband and I are looking for decent but cheap furniture.. Is Ikea duriable? Do you like Ikea?? If you have used Ikea, what did u buy?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We have dressers from IKEA and we LOVE them!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If you can I would definitely go to their store. To me it seems as if their stuff is hit or miss. It is cheap and some of it seems to be decent quality, but then some of it seems like it would fall apart pretty easily. We have a bookcase, a crib, and a changing table/dresser combo that we got at Ikea and they all seem to be well made. We also have some cool curtains in our bedroom from there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• jmho.
    it's complete crap. the family that owns ikea is worth multi-billions because of the HUGE markup on their cheap furniture. think about it, if you think ikea is cheap and the profit margin is HUGE-then just how cheap is the furniture really? answer-really really cheap.
    buy yourself some quality made furniture that will last your lifetime it will be the most economical in the long run. only a rich man can afford cheap furniture. :}
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:46 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I do have to agree with jewjewbee a bit. I would probably never buy a couch or dining set - anything that will get used a lot and that I would want to keep for a long time - at Ikea.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I bought a coffee table from them, its the first coffee table my family has ever had. We have 4 yrold twin boys,so i was not going to spend oodles on a table incase it was used as jumping point when they are playing batman. lol. So I bought a 40.00 table. I loveit. It looks great, has storage and is holding up very well. we've had it for a year. It has only been used as a jumping post once. but still.... it is used daily.
    Anonymous

• You are much better off buying old furniture from a second hand store and refinishing it. Ikea is fine for light use, and if you don't plan to move.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I have 2 dressers in my bedroom and my daughters whole room is Ikea. her bed is the metal day bed, very pretty. These items have held up pretty well. I wouldnt buy a bed from there unless it was the metal ones. if u go, check out the as is department, tons of stuff. Oh yeah, i have picture frames from them, my favorite is the one called RIBBA. you'll like it. even if you dont like the furniture, there's alot of things to decorate the home, like vases, table runners, pictures.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2009