Kitty litter

I have 2 kittens 5 weeks old and me and my boyfriend are trying to train them to use the kitty litter box. Well they do use it but they also eat the litter even after they use it.... how would we stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pets

• Put food nearby? Use those crystals or Feline Pine?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• What kind of litter are you using?
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• They eat the kitty litter? I have never heard of this. Have they been seen by a vet? Maybe they are low on some kind of vitamin or mineral that they can get from the litter you are using? That is my only idea! LOL :)
    mommyk0106

Answer by mommyk0106 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Interesting, I've never heard of that. I would call the vet and just ask them about it.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• First of they're A bit young to be Away from their Mother! I don't wean them that Young! Most times the Mother shows them this! So I hope they're getting A Good Kitten Kibble perhaps moistened? But to address the problem is the litter sticking to their paws? They will clean themselves & lick it off. And Swallow seems like the Best Way. Also many Good Kitty Litter Brands have A toll Free no.# to call for suggestions too! Does this Litter perhaps look like their Food? Otherwise keep any eye on them & don't let them Eat it. I know you know that! But they're very Young! So they really need you now!! Best of Luck! But do try some toll Free Cat food or Car litter no,s# for their Advice Too! I know Purina & Iams have some no.s# to call! Best of Luck! ( PS- If your kittens seem realy Smalll some suplemental Cat Formula would be Helpful in bulking them up to A Nice Healthy size if they're tiny.)
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2009