my girl hasnt pooped in over 1 1/2 days.....

what should i do????

shes eating cereal once a day...

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dilute a little prune juice and get your diaper wipes ready 4 action
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Just a tablespoon of prune juice diluted with a tablespoon of water like the previous poster said, get your wipes ready
    Anonymous

• Babies can go a few days without pooping, especially if they're breastfed, but you may want to stop the cereal if she's under 6 months
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• she is breastfed, her pediatrician gave me the ok to give her solids now because she is already crawling and can sit up on her own and is doing so much now. i give it to her once a day she actually just pooped too lol. so thank you ladies for your advice!!! I suppose i may have been just jumping to conclusions lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It is normal for a breastfed baby to go up to 10 days without pooping. Breast milk is easily absorbed and has very little waste. As long as when she does go she doesn't strain or have pellets she is okay. Also, I would recommend stopping the cereal. She doesn't need it and it can actually interfere with the absorption of your breast milk and can cause intestinal upset.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 10:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2009