Im going through a divorce should I get a attorney? He want to go to mediation is it a good Idea?

AmberNicoley

Asked by AmberNicoley at 9:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• A mediator is best to figure out custody if you can't figure it out on your own.
    Is there a reason you can't figure out custody or property on your own? No one needs an attorney unless you both can't agree on something.
    Anonymous

• I would get a lawyer, just in case. I don't know if you guys have a child or children together, but if you do the court will usually force you to go to mediation. If you don't think you both will agree on every issue like custody of children, pets, who gets the house, the things in the house etc, then a lawyer is a must.

Wifey2Watson

Answer by Wifey2Watson at 9:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i would get one to but a mediator is a loss cause because i had one and they really dont care in my book they r just there for a paycheck i would get an attorney tho good luck
    4grlshelp

Answer by 4grlshelp at 9:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009