My marriage is falling apart...HELP!!!

I am in tears right now. I posted this morning about what I need to do. My DH is so controlling. We just had a conversation which as usual led to huge quarrel. He says unless I change into "the woman he wants me to be", we would no longer be together. Those were his words. He says he is the "boss" of our relationship and there would only be one boss! He is the "one" in charge! Nothing I say matters. I have to always do what he says or else we would have to go our separate ways. He also says he wants a submissive wife, one who does whatever he says without question. He doesnt want a wife who has the freedom go anywhere without his agreeance. I am a SAHM so it I get cabin fever a lot. We have had a lot of fights about this and I simply cannot be anyone's lap dog. I have a strong personality and he knew this b4 he met me. I thought marriage was a partnership? Am I wrong about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG U NEED TO GET OUT QUICK. YOU ARE MARRIED TO A SCUM BAG.
    Anonymous

• I can suggest a truly excellent book! It's written by a Christian and really rubs a lot of women the wrong way though.... if you could go into it and read it with an open mind, it could really bless your life. If you're interested in the title you can message me =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• you need to get out. Only one thing get I can think of that it will get worse. Men who are controlling like this will make become a physical thing next. I wish you all the luck and you should be no man's lap dog.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh honey I know what your going through I cant answer your question cause the last thing you wanta here is some one telling you to leave him but you feel like your so traped you cant breath. You can message me and talk if you need to. I'm sorry sweetie
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 9:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• YOU SHOULD BUST THAT FOOL IN THE FACE WITH A PAN AND SAY LOOK HERE SON I AM THE QUEEN OF THIS DOMAIN AND WHAT I SAY GOES....AND IF HE DOESNT LISTEN AFTER THE CONCUSSION THEN YOU LEAVE HIS ASS
    Anonymous

• Was he like this before you married him? if so you've should of known not to marry that kind of jerk. if not what makes him think he can treat you like this now. I would go if I were you. you need to leave. or you'll really be screwed.
    Anonymous

• i think that marriage IS partnership. never ever ever be a submissive wife. thats so wrong. he is a control freak and needs help. you guys either need to go to some SERIOUS marriage counseling or you need to get OUT bc that situation sounds like it could turn into abusive
    Anonymous

• I'm sure he didn't get like that over night. So he knew you had a strong personality before you married him and you knew that he was a control freak. Sound like you both went into this relationship thinking you were going to control and change each other. If the marriage is that bad, LEAVE. Something must be keeping you there or you would have left him by now....don't you think?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think he's nuts, he's in the wrong country for that type of marraige. Why do u want to be with someone who thinks lesser of you?
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 10:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'm not going to tell you what to do, but he is obviously not being the kind of husband he should be to you. I don't think this is something that you want.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2009