WHAT WOULD YOU BUY FOR A BABY NIECE?

SHE'S GOING TO be 1 yr.old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would get some of those hard cardboard books, or toys that will stimulate them, toys that teach them colors or numbers or something like that. Maybe stuffed animals that don't have any eyes to pull off or anything.

or hey, a cardboard box. LOL jk.. those always seem to be a hit. HAHA
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• educational toys are always a hit with both kid and parent...look into anything by leapfrog....they have ages on the products and ive always ADORED their stuff...they have one in particular i love thats a stuffed frog with the alphabet on his tummy...it plays the sound and a song with each letter you press....its a good toy for htem to grow with...my daughter finally gave hers up when she was five...LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well, she is going to play more with the box than the present, lol, so whatever you buy, don't be disappointed if she isn't thrilled right off the bat. If she likes any characters--Elmo, Barney, Big Bird--you can usually find good toys related to the characters. My oldest DD loved Barney & her fav present for her 1st B-day was a stuffed Barney toy. DS loved toy tools (even girls can play with tools). Little People are great, too. Baby dolls are great, as well as something to put them in (a toy crib or cradle). My DDs both loved putting their babies to bed. The classic "popcorn popper" push toy is always a favorite, too. It is the push toy that has the colored balls inside & when the wheels turn, it makes them pop & make noise. My kids loved it. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• A baby doll...something simple like a cloth doll.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• A baby doll and a toy stroller too? My daughter is going to be one in Dec and thats an idea I am throwing around. All my 5 nieces loved the fake stroller at that age! :D
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 11:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I probably would ask the mom what she needs...bc alot of times you get a toy and baby is spoiled and already has a million...and might need some winter clothes or a jacket etc...things you migh not think of that would be a help..Im basing this off of my baby shower experirence...noone paid much attention to my registry and then i got a billion clothes and half of them were the wrong season and now i have to try to sell them or something.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2009