how can i make my baby sleep thrue the night

when my baby born she was sleeping during the day and stay awake during the night .After 2 months she changed but she was waking up for feeding and steel does . I steel breastfeed and she wont accept any thing else in night time before bed time . So please any advice would be welcome . And if anyone can tell me how to switch her on eating food and have 3 meals as her doctor suggest me that would help me a lot

Elenkas_mama

Asked by Elenkas_mama at 10:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't. Babies sleep when they're ready. If baby is 2 mos (i think that's what you meant) then no solids. Breast on demand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• How old is she?? As far as sleeping through the night, that may be a while before it happens. However don't get her the second she starts fussing. If you wake up, set a timer for 3 or 5 minutes and wait and see if she goes back to sleep. Give her the opportunity to fall asleep on her own. Try some white noise in her room if sound disturbs her. All our kids slept in our room at first but our daughter is a light sleeper and does better in her own room. Solids you generally start at 6 months or later. Just try a couple of spoonfuls at a time until she gets the hang of eating of a spoon!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• How old is she? My daughter is 7 months old now, and finally sleeps 4hrs at a time at night, other times though she is awake every 2hrs for a half hour at a time. We didnt start jar food until she was 6 months, and it took weeks of her learning how to take the food. Its very tiring, but most babies will not sleep through the night until well after a year. Its just how it goes. If you want to give her a bottle or try using a spoon (which would be best in your case) try to get her to have some rice cereal before bed, that way she will sleep longer periods of time.
    KellyOhara

Answer by KellyOhara at 10:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• how old is the baby?? the sleep think.. try 2 things co bedding (READ THE REAL STATS BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE Compare them to crib ) ok and my other suggestion is about 5pm have a half bottle or can of beer or lagar... when you nurse at say 10pm ish your milk will be a higher calorie due to the hops and barley used in beer processing.. it will even look creamier..
    feeding the APA recommends 6 small meals maybe you should update your doctor-- try using the pincar reflex to guide you..so put a cooked pea on his plate .. if he eats go for another due this a few times a day with different SAFE foods-soft mushy and tiny one piece at a time-- he'll get on a schedule when he's darn good and ready
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think she should be older than 4 month than you can start giving her rice cereal. my son is 11 month old and he wakes up once or twice for feeding at night.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Babies should be exclusively breastfed until around 6 months. At that time the baby starts eating small amounts of food. Breastmilk is still the main source of nutrition.

It's normal for babies to wake during the night. You can't make them sleep through the night. They will sleep through the night when they reach that developmental milestone. Some children don't sleep all night until they are 3.

It also depends on what you call all night. If you are happy with 11-6 of course that would be earlier than 8-7.

Some people have sleep programs or let the baby cry it out. This is not good for babies and may have life long consequences.

For mor info on starting solids go to www.kellymom.com
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh and yes I second the white noise, Weve been using it since day one and it works wonders, She also shares a room with us.
    KellyOhara

Answer by KellyOhara at 10:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• both my daughters were almost four months old before they slept through the night...i got in a good routine...i would have three bottles filled with water, and a can of formula waiting at my nightstand....my children slept beside me in a bassinet...they would wake up hungry...i would mix a bottle right htere in bed (my kids hated warmed up formula...lucky me!) pick them up, feed, burp, and change if necessary...and put them right back in the bassinett...i found out the less fuss i made the quicker they went back to sleep...so that meant i could too!!! also meant got them to stay awake longer during hte day....it worked well!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009