Is he teething really bad or what?

My soon to be 14 month old baby just won't sleep. He wakes up crying constantly, he won't eat or drink anything, he drools like a faucet, and he is just plain crabby!! I'm hoping he's alright. Did any of your kids do this?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds about right... try some teething treatments...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• oh GOD YES! sounds like hes definitely teething...another sign is a lowgrade fever...not all kids get that though....heres a trick...wet a washcloth, wring it out, and tie it in a knot...then pop it into the freezer untill its frozen...once it is give it to him...it will feel great in his mouth, and take a while to thaw...i used to keep two going...so i always had one ready to go! if your in a pickle and have no oragel or any way to go get some (i know im gonna hear flack for this) put a tiny bit of whiskey on your finger and rub it on his gums...he will make a nasty face but it will numb the gums...its an old folk remidy...and i did it once when i lived an hour from any store and my car was dead...my kid is now 11 and just fine...LOL
    Anonymous

• if you don't have any on hand, give him a popcicle, or some thing cold to numb his ums
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• WHen my DD is teething I give her corn on the cob (chilled or not, she just likes to chew it lol), the raw ends of chilled butternut squash, or a sippy cup with icey icey water. Works wonders for me!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2009