Hemorrhoid!!!

OMG! What can you do about a bad hemorrhoid??? I've had them off and on for years, but this time is bad! I posted anonymous for OBVIOUS reasons, and I am asking this question in all seriousness. I can barely sit down right now. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• Try some prep H or similar product. They are meant to shrink the inflamed tissue. Nupricanal is a brand that also has a pain killer in it. Witch Hazel or "Tucks" work great on the itch, but they won't shrink the tissue. Look Hemmeroids up on WebMD.com too... you can get great info there!! When in doubt call your Doc's office!! ;o)

Good luck!! I had one large one after giving birth the 2nd time... I I know what you are goign thru!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:50 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I looked it up and it says to take plain water baths several times a day and use cream. I use Tucks with Witch Hazel pad wipes or just Witch Hazel.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• good advice! I didnt have them until months after I had my daughter.
    Anonymous

• Use the OTC stuff and if it is not too inflamed, take a little KY and gently reach in and push it back in place. I know that sounds odd and a little gross, but you will feel so much better. It won't work if your hemorrhoid is severely inflamed. You may have to wait a few days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Ohh I almost forgot... if it is really killing you sit on an inflatable donut... you can get one at the pharmacy counter at any drug store... if not in stock they can order you one (I worked in a CVS for 14 years... I know they can!! )

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009