Anyone feel like this?

I have a 5 month old daughter. She is very calm and well behaved. But still somedays I just don't want to be with her.
Of course I still take care of her, and her daddy is here too to be with her. But somedays I just keep making excuses not to hold her or play with her. I say I have to laundry but really it could wait...
I don't know why. She is so beautiful and I love her to death. Just sometimes I want to be away from her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you with her all day every day? Sometimes I take a few extra mins in the shower when my husband is home. I know how you feel. Sometimes my 5 month old gets tired of seeing my ugly mug and we need just a little bit of away time.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Go to your doctor NOW (well, in the morning, or ASAP!!!) - sounds like PPD and you don't want it to get worse!
    Anonymous

• It's normal to want a break, and I think we need breaks from our babies. No matter how easy they are to take care of, it's hard work! That said, if you feel you're avoiding your baby because taking care of her overwhelms you or something like that, then call your doctor. Better safe than sorry.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• it's normal. i was like that
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 11:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You definately need a break. If you are not working, and take care of baby all day at home like I do, you might need to get out a few hours every couple days or so, or however often you think....I sometimes get so overtired that I NEED to go sleep for a few hours or else I am not productive or alert with my baby and its no fun if hes just sitting in a bouncer all day. Everyone needs a break or a rest...but if you are just feeling resentful or sick of baby you might need to talk to someone. I really love to spend all of my time with my son and I don't get sick of it , and i miss him within a few minutes of leaving the house....If you are questioning how you feel it might be good to talk to a doctor, just to make sure and get your hormones/feelings in check. If you dont want to do that I would just try to get out for a few hours if you can /whenever you can.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It sounds like PPD. Talk to your doctor.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i'm with my son 24/7. I don't work. So on the weekends I will try and get out once by myself to run errands. I leave my son with hubby. just for a little break. Usually when i get back , I realize I really didn't wanna leave my son. It's nice to get away every now and then though.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Wanting to get away or some space is fine, but this sounds like more. You're talking about for a whole day, and not interacting with her. I would be concerned about ppd, as well. It can show up this late.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2009