TMI Question?

I just had sex with my dh i am 35 to 36 weeks and i my pelvic muscles hurt like crazy also my but bone hurts alot to along with my back the baby is still moving i was wandering if i might have done something bad also was it okay for him to ejaculate inside tell me your thoughts please

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is totally fine to have sex while you're pregnant. There shouldn't be anything you can do that would harm the baby. Since you're so far along though, sex can stimulate labor. At 36 weeks I wouldn't worry too much. Once you find thick mucous and have a "bloody show" stop having sex altogether since there is a higher risk of infection. I experienced the same thing when I was pregnant. Just try to rest and relax and make sure you can feel the baby moving. Your muscles should relax soon. If you start experiencing any other signs of labor and the baby seems to be in distress, call your doctor immediately. Otherwise, enjoy the intimacy!!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes the sperm will help soften your cervix. Don't worry your fine.
    Anonymous

• Sex can be uncomfortable at that late in pregnancy. I couldnt do it past 34 weeks. I also had a big baby with a lot of water.
    The sperm wont hurt the baby he is in a protective sack.
    My midwife told me when I wanted to get my son out to have sex. The sperm helped lubricate the canal and the orgasm will help get things moving. Like good contractions.
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 11:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I wish I can do it . I totally lost my sex drive. But I dont deny my husband.
    Anonymous

• sex doesn't mean orgasm lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• late pregnancy sex can be a lil iuncomfy but shouldnt cause issues.Be sure he is being very gentle when he thrusts and maybe not so deep, also make sure you are lubricated as that can cause soreness as well. ummm oh and try diff positions to not put pressure on you. a good one is spooning, with him behind you . He cant go too deep and his weight is off you, you can lay and rest and its great for bonding... Now as to ejac. inside you...semen can mix with a ripe cervix and cause it to soften and dialate, so keep that in mind. Now I said RIPE cervix which yours may or may not be at 35 weeks. just food for thought so you can make a choice from there. :o) good luck with your baby.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009