for those of you whose SO work funny shifts...

I'm talking middle of the night to really early morning types... do they help out around the house? df has been working a 5am-1pm shift for about a month... he gets up at 4am and leaves at 4:30am when he gets home (around 1:30pm) he takes a nap then will get up and cook dinner (he LOVES to cook and I've never been taught so more power to him) but he just makes messes for the three hours he's up then its off to bed. is that normal? I wish he would help me clean at least a little... am I asking too much? I'm 9 months pregnant raising a 3y/o so I have my hands full too... our house is a disaster that I can't keep clean! advice please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I wish I had more to help you with. I have the same problem! My husband leaves my house close to 4am and works until 2pm the EARLIEST. It never happens like that most times he is walking in the door at 4 in the afternoon. That is what happens when you are a manager. God forbid someone calls out :( Than I leave around 5:45 and work until Midnight. Then I get up and take care of my almost 2 year old. My husband rarely helps and all I ask of him is to unload the dishwasher and make sure the trash is emptied. Its an endless battle.
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• If you have the money hire someone. It dont have to be a company, maybe a friend or friend of a friend who needs extra cash. I did it for a lady who was my friend's friend while she was pregnant. She has an autistic son who made quite a mess and due to pregnancy her back couldnt keep up with him. She paid me to come over once a week like $30. I could've charged more, but I had a full time job, and was glad to help. Now I clean for this elderly man (his wife passed, such a sweet woman) because he is bed ridden and his kids come over and help but they have enough to do. Just a suggestion.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009