So confused.

He broke up with me, saying he needed time to clear his head, and that this would be what was best for everyone right now. He says he is still in love with me, but that he's not sure if he will change his mind on whether or not we will get back together. He said his decision had nothing to do with not loving me (he said he still loves me), but that it was made with our son in mind, and that he felt it was best if we were apart right now. To me, he sounds confused...after all, if you break up with someone, aren't you sure you don't want to get back together with them? What would you do in the same situation? What should I do? I'm focusing on my son and raising him, but this keeps nagging at me, and I'm not sure what to think or even do as far as my former SO is concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Please help! This is the OP.
    Anonymous

• I think you just need to give him his space. I know it's hard and you may want to pressure him into giving you some kind of an answer. But apparantly he needs to get some things straight in his own mind. You're just going to have to wait it out....don't be overly needy and clingy, this will push him further away. Just go about your daily life, focusing on your child. When he does call, because I'll bet he will, just be open to whatever he say, you can let him know that you do still love him, but you are giving him his space, because you respect him and want him to be happy. GL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• well he has issues apparently...yes he sounds very confused...look up family counseling or couples therapy and ask him to commit to a month of appointments before he sets his mind. A qualified psychoanalyst needs to evaluate what is the issue exactly and what are the choices to overcome it...

sorry i bet you are pretty stressed out right now. Message me if you need to talk some more. I only say exactly how i see it and its always nice to have someone on the outside looking in...
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 12:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009