How long can it take to conceive after coming off Mirena (IUD)???

The phamplet says up to 18 months and wow that really seems like a long time. Has anyone ever come off it and conceived right away??? My doc. perscribed a prenatal vitamin and said that should help things along a bit.
My daughter is gonna be 3 in October... I'd like to be pregnant and have a baby maybe by the time she is 4. I miss having a wee little one and I cant wait for my daughter to have a sibling. I loved having sisters and brother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It took me 4 months after I had my mirena out to concieve my son!
    ambergrace612

Answer by ambergrace612 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• for my sister it was 4 months, i have talked to many people, and for a lot of them it was with in 2 months.

they say up to 18 months, bc it can take that long even if you werent on birth control. my doctor said that my chances are just as good now as the day before i had it placed. but everyones body is different, and it is harder for some to concieve than others.

good luck!!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• thanks ladies! I am so excite now with the possibilty of it maybe taking 2-4 months instead of possibly 18 months. YAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• WELL I HAD THE PARAGARD AND I KNOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT BUT THEY ARE ALOT THE SAME, I GOT MINE REMOVED THE 30TH OF JUNE HAD MY NORMAL PERIOD jULY THE 2ND-7TH AND I JUST FOUND OUT YESTERDAY I'M PREGNANT!! I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU ALOT OF HOPE, GOODLUCK!!!
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2009