Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I have the most beautiful & sweetest 6 yr old son ever!! He keeps begging me to give him a sibling (both a brother and a sister lol) but i just cant seem to win for anything!! He was a twin & i miscarried the other @ 7wks, then i m.c'd again a yr and half later then my 3rd about a yr after the 2nd one. Keep in mind that was with my ex husband but now me & my SO want so bad to have a baby & give my son a sibling but just cant seem to get prego!! im playing the waiting game as we speak & still have a little less than 2wks to wait (i just ovulated over the wkend) I just dont think i am again but others deff do & i had a dream the other night that i saw our baby right after it was born. Why is it that i had no problems getting prego with my ex but now that im with the love of my life i cant get prego. I keep telling him he should go get checked but i think he's scared!! UGH i hate this!! sorry needed to vent! thanx!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (5)
  • Miscarriage is sometimes due to low progesterone levels.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • ok so is there anyway to get that back up? My ob wouldnt do test till i had a a couple more m/c's which i thought was crap so i wouldnt know if there was an actual reason or just god knowing that i would end up divorced!! lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • Find another OB. Don't stress so much; it makes it harder to get pregnant.

    Answer by allans_girl at 11:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • Maybe there is a genetic defect?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

  • Not sure how long you've been trying, but if it's over a year, then you both should get checked out. Secondary infertility does happen, and he could have issues too. Many things are easily treatable, so avoiding the docs could just be avoiding the easy solution to the problem. If your doc isn't taking you seriously, find one that does. Or skip the gyn and go straight to a fertility specialist, a reproductive endocrinologist.

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.