Post-partum belly binding?

I am having a scheduled c-section next week and am curious about post-partum belly binding. I have read this is a great way to minimize pain after the section, and to promote healing and a quick recovery. I am worried they will irritate the incision...
Has anyone used belly binders, and if so which ones? I read online that the Belly Bandit is a good one. Any recommendations?

MummyAmanda

Asked by MummyAmanda at 12:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just used the one the hospital provided. And yes, it made a HUGE difference! For me, it was the difference between being able to get up and walk, and being in overwhelming pain with every movement. I only used the binding for about four days, after that I didn't need it.
    BearsMommy

Answer by BearsMommy at 12:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• What also helps is to keep a pillow near by. Everytime you get out of bed or off the couch, use the pillow on your tummy. It helps.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2009