• In the Spotlight:

internet classes.. should i?

my husband is starting school this fall to take advantage of his GI bill, but that leaves me with limitted time to continue my own education. i want to at least be a part time student going twice a week, but we have opposing views& schedules. we compromised and he said i can go at least once, but i'm not satisfied with putting my education second to his. so MY compromise is i will go to lecture on campus once a week, and take an internet class so i can still stay home most of the time to take care of our girls. but i don't know how internet classes work. can someone explain them to me? the pros/cons of it, and tips that anyone would think i might find useful. or should i just fight my husband for that extra day? thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol crazy, my husband is starting to take advantage of the GI with the housing allowance (that we so desperately need!).

I am taking online classes. It is harder than I thought. I'm doing well, but you have to be disciplined...I find myself in a discussion while on facebook!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think that sounds like a very good compromise.
    I'm about to start classes as well, but I'm putting my son first - I don't want to leave him with a sitter - so it will probably be all online classes. I guess they mail you the material, you do the work and mail it back.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i just talked to him about my internet class compromise and he shot it down also. i'm really upset that my education has to come second, although i do understand that he's going for our financial benefit (housing allowance), i'm just tired of always being 2nd on the list of priorities, with him first always. i'm just venting now. =( thanks anyway ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2009