I think its real this time not false labor advise pls

ok i got checked today was 4cn, 70% effaced, i was scheduled for an induction next tues but she said i might go soon, me and my bf made love at 10 pm, and then i started have strong contractions but nothing with a pattern, i was like ill keep and eye on them but wasnt getting my hopes up its now 12:05 im at work my manager said sit down and time them, they are comming about every 5 mins some are painful some arnt, but they have not gone away since they have started i have moved around and eaten, i hate crying wold, any advise pls here is what it is so far 11:45,11:50;12:00;12:05, and 12:10

blueeyes_1818

Asked by blueeyes_1818 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are in labor. Call L&D and let them know what's going on and then go. Good luck!
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• That happened to me with my first son. Literally right after sex I started having contractions. Call your doc or L&D and let them know. Stay home as long as you can. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Okay, first of all, some women have labor without even knowing it. If you have a lot of back pain, that can be labor. There are a few things that can be sure signs of actual labor. If you have no interest in eating, are unusually irritable, if you can't talk during contractions; those are the ones that come to mind. Obviously if you have some other signs like your water breaking, then call your doctor. Just to be safe though, I'd call either the hospital or your doctor on call. Good luck!!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• ACL I totally agree. I was in labor with my son and had no clue. I just thought "I can't get comfortable" and through the night it wasn't strong but it was annoying. Steady dull ache in my lower back to my stomach. Went in the next day to the doc since something didn't feel right and I was in labor.

I would call the doc and just check in. If they tell you to come in then get your bag ready and head on in. Be safe. Nothing is worth risking either of you. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 30, 2009