SECRET LIFE??? WTH

I recently seen a question about the show Sixteen and Pregnant on MTV, and could not believe people were complaining about this great and very realistic view of teen pregnancy. Now "Secret Life of the American Teenager"...is an entirely different story. In my opinion this show is aimed towards teens, being that its on at 8 pm on the family channel, yet every other word is about sex. and much of this is romanticizing sex big time. Everything is So unrealistic. The acting is awful. I guess being that it is the same creater as "Seventh Heaven" (another WORST show in the history of the world for me lol) it explains alot of sucky acting and everyone beign in everyones business. YUCK. What do you all think???? For some reason I have watched and I have no idea but the plots just keep getting more ridiculous.

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 12:17 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Entertainment

• I loved 7th Heaven and I love Secret Life. The acting is on the bad side, but if you watch all the episodes, it does show the downside of sex. The pregnancy, how hard it is having the baby on the girl, how much easier it is on the father, how the boyfriend is having a hard time coping. Adrian and Ricky do show that sex is "fun" but Adrian is in love with him and sadly, there are teens that are just like him in that sense. It might not be accurate, and i doubt I'd let a young teen watch it, but I dont think it's romanticizing sex. Just my opinion though, but I can see your side as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Oh, and I've watched a few episodes of "16 and Pregnant" and while it is a realistic view of teen pregnancy, in it's own way, it is glorifying it by having it on tv. I mean, girls have sex(can wind up pregnant or get pregnant on purpose) to keep a guy. Why not do it to get on tv? Some teens have some messed up ideas. I read about a school up in New England where a group of teen girls intentionally got pregnant/planned to get pregnant and raise their babies together because they thought it would be fun to be moms....just as an example.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I am 25 and started watching the show when i was pregnant and had the baby 1 week before the show had there second season. I follow this show, I know I'm not a teenager anymore however I think it's a great show and is a good example of how highschool life is today and how times have changed. Teenage pregnancy was still shuned at my little highschool in ohio, however it still happened. Maybe if teengers pay attention to the show it will help them in some way to see the strugles that a young mother has to go through and the things that they have to give up. Love the show!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i love the show
    connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I'm rather addicted to that show. I agree with the acting being not so great. When I was a teen that was all that we worried about....our relationships, whether or not to have sex.....I think this can open up communication doors between family members.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2009