Self inducing labor?

I am 37 1/2 weeks prego and absolutely miserable! Any thoughts on how to get things moving along??
We've tried sex, massage, walking, raspberry leaf tea, spicy foods... all of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body is not going to start the birthing process until the baby's lungs are developed. Once they develop they release a hormone that starts contractions. All of the natural inducing methods will not work until this hormone is present anyways. Hang in there though Mama- I know how you feel and it will be over soon enough! I'm 39 weeks and sooo ready here too!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Nothing will work until your baby & body is ready (thus why many "convenience" inductions fail and end up in c-sections). I know it sucks as I went overdue with both of my kids, but try to enjoy this last little bit while you can. You'll never get these few precious moments back and making them positive will bring back fond memories :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009