Funnel in cervix???

Last week I went into my docters becouse I have to get my cervix checked every week since I went into preterm labor and this week he wanted to do in internal sano...he looked and said that my cervix has a funnel in it . I had asked what the funnel ment and he didnt say much about it...im really worried and confused. My cervis has always been a 3 and its usually supposed to be a 5 and i have been on bedrest and still am on it. But what does this mean...and should i be really worried about it like I am??

jo_jo453

Asked by jo_jo453 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Remember, bedrest means only getting up to pee. LYING DOWN or reclining. NOT SITTING all day. http://www.kanalen.org/prom/pap.php?p=3a

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• it probably means that your outer cervix is opened more than your inner one, making your cervix get more closed the further in it goes. Its actually a good thing
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my docters expression didnt really tell me it ment a good thing though :(
    jo_jo453

Answer by jo_jo453 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• No, it means the opposite. The inside is open more than the outside making it possible that the membranes will push through and rub on it possibly causing Premature Rupture of Membranes. Read the link.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• why didnt you ask him to explain it hon? thats their job, to make sure you are aware of whats happening. call tomorrow and ask exactly what a funneled cervix means.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009