my 3.5 mo old baby is a night owl....

she take three one hour naps ans dont want to go to sleep until like 11:30 or 12...how can i get her back on her sleeping routine.....

msangie2003

Asked by msangie2003 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Switch her to two naps instead of three. When she starts getting sleepy in the morning keep her awake for 10 minutes longer than usual. Then her next nap keep her up 10 minutes later. After a few days she should start taking tow instead of one.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• do what you have to to keep her awake. My son is the same age and thankfully he loves to sleep, and is sleeping thru the nite.If she gets sleepy do as pp said or take her for a walk, in your arms. Point things out to her and say what they are, show her things that will make her brain work. Another thing is work on her ability to self sooth. Because if she can sooth herself, she can be laid down at an earlier time and then fall asleep when she is tired.I made t a point to always put my ds down for naps and bed when he is awake but groggy, and he then falls asleep on his own. This way we never have to get up and "help" him back to sleep if he wakes.gl, hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• oh btw, eliminate the latest nap she takes if poss.
    Bearsjen