Why do I have this double standard?

For some reason I cringe when I see a woman smoking. I don't do that with men. But a woman smoking is way worse for some reason. Why such a double standard? I do not purposely feel this way but yet i do.
Why do you think that is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think smoking smells gross on anyone man or women. I agree with mamasita that the people that say it is "worse" for women are the same people that have pre-set notions about what woman should or should not do.

Things that make smoking "look" more gross to me: lipstick on a cigarette, a long un-ashed cig and yellow teeth
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:38 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• because you are a bitch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• laughingfunny anon:04

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I smoke and I have heard from lots of people that it looks bad when a woman smokes. These are the same people that say it looks bad when a woman does a mans job like being a truck driver or a mechanic. I know what you are saying. Hey, back in the old days it used to look "sexy"! lol.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't care if women act like men and have manly jobs, butt the smokin thing bugs me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Jeeesh! Mamasita never said anything about acting like a man she said some people look down on women who drive trucks and are mechanics. I mean my lord I drive a truck and I don't act like a man. All this and smoking has nothing to do with what sex you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I am sad to say that I feel the same way. I recently noticed that for whatever reason, my husbands brother's have always dated women who smoke, so out of all the daughter in laws, I am the only one who doesn't smoke. My mother-in-law smokes and so does my SIL, and for whatever reason, I don't fit in. They all, men and women, go outside to smoke and to me, it just looks I don't know, manly? It takes a certain kind of personality to smoke, I think. A care-free, unhealthy, partying kind of personality. I am nothing like that, but sometimes I do think that I should smoke just so that I won't be so uptight! lol. I hope that I don't offend anyone...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2009