(wiccans) Effective quit smoking, Spending money, gaming spell?

My husband has a impulse to spend alot, play a pc game all the time and wants to keep smoking. Nothing has worked. Any good effective spells?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, tell him to SHAPE THE HELL UP OR SHIP OUT. No spell needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I don't think a person can change without the will within. Good luck.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You can't make him change unless he WANTS to....you go against free will which is against the Wiccan Rede if your asking from a "wiccan perspective". I'm not sure if you are a "curious dabbler" or new to the craft but I highly suggest that you not mess around with spells if you haven't really studied much or put any serious time or effort into spellwork, as it could seriously backfire(I speak from experience here from when i first began).

I'd look into counseling for the both of you. If he's unwilling to go, then go yourself, and find out what you can do to help yourself accept his behaviors or move on.

Good luck.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• You can bind a bad behavior bt I highly reccomend counseling. Its impractical to only work on things one way. Pagans believe in a balance and that also means balancing our magickal actions with mundane ones. He sounds like he has some addictions, try a gambling support group and financial counseling along with the spell. Also what cinderame said about dabbling in the craft is true. In magick we must be willing to take in what we give out. Sometimes the action that gives us the result isnt always what we expected. If you are willing to take the consequences and responsibility for this then go ahead. If you want a quick fix, magick is not the way to go.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Tampering/controling someones *Will* is NOT what spell work is about. I am not sure if you are in the Craft yourself or not, but if you are then this you should know. It is one of the most respected rules of the Craft, *Not tamper with Free Will*
    The other things with Spells is that what is sent out comes back onto the practioner 3 folds wither it's for good or not and most practioners do not take those risks for just anyone...

My suggestion to you is to talk to your dh and get him into counseloring.. maybe alone at first then as a couple.
    If your dh is NOT willing on HIS own to stop, then even if a practioner were to help, it would not... he is going to continue what he does no matter what...
    I wish you luck in getting your dh and hope for the best out come to your situtation soon...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• This is one where if you do attempt a spell, being careful of what you wish for, is the watch word of the day. The action of losing income can produce the very results that you think you want: no money so no spending; no money so no internet and therefore no gaming or no new game when the last one gets dull and no money so bumming smokes because one can't afford it. The cascade effect is rampant in goals that focus on outward conditions instead of focusing on internal change.

But if he wants to change, tackling each issue one at a time is better than all of them at once.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2009