Should I use nursery water to mix with my baby's formula? Or is tap water safe to use?

Just_Teresa

Asked by Just_Teresa at 1:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tap water is fine to use. I personally never used any type of bottled water for my son's formula, just tap water. As long as your water is safe for you to drink, it's safe for baby's use.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Nursery water is not recommended for babies at all by most doctors anymore since it has no minerals in it at all and you are really not benefiting from it. Tap water, in most instances is safe and recommended since it has beneficial floride in it. Unless there is a specific problem with your water, it is recommended. If you are breastfeeding at all, try pumping some milk to mix with the formula, sometimes that is more appealing to the baby, obviously won't work if formula is main source of nutrition. Best of luck.
    NoodleNBoo

Answer by NoodleNBoo at 1:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I always used bottled water to mix with the formula, but thats just because I'm what you would call a "water snob"....LoL I only drink bottled water.
    AzaleasMommy

Answer by AzaleasMommy at 2:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We use bottlw water because ourwater is hard water. It leaves a residue on the dishes no matter what we do. So we choose to use bottle water till he is a bit older.

TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• all nursery water is is water that has been distilled. It doesnt go thru any big purification process or anything...use tap. Better yet, to ease your mind, get a britta water thingy for the tap that makes it cleaner. My area has really great tap water so we use it. we all grew up on tap water and turned out ok. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Most "nursery water" has flouride in it and that it not considered good for the baby. If you have good tap water, use it.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• i used tap water with my son and hes a normal little boy... so far ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Tap water is best, and more readily available when you are out and about. It does have the minerals in it, and it costs less.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I used nursery water because I'm like one of the other moms said a ” water snob" lol
    I also only drink bottled water “Fuji" I got to. Be specific because some bottled waters taste nasty
    But buy a water filter for your sink if u want to save dinero...
    mami_rocks

Answer by mami_rocks at 5:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't use neither because of the added fluoride.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 6:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2009